Monday, 9 May 2011

BB cream for darker skin..

The BB cream has been a product that has been mentioned by almost every make-up Guru I watch on you tube over the past year or so. It has been used as a substitute to foundation by gurus such as Jen from Frmheadtotoe and Bubbi from Bubzbeauty (both gorgeous!).

Too many which one to pick?? -_-'

BB cream was made popular mainly in South Korea and has been used by many stars and idols to give them that perfect skin appearance. It was initially prescribed by German dermatologists for laser skin surgery because of its soothing and skin regeneration properties. Since then there has been SO many types of BB creams in the market that you are sometimes left totally bemused as to which one you should buy...and which one would suit your skin tone. Jen (from frmheadtotoe) was awesome enough to actually do a massive in depth review on the different types of BB cream out there and even shows your swatches so be sure to check her out if its something you are interested in!

Here is the link:
Jen's BB cream Review - Part 1
Jen's BB cream Review - Part 2

Right so finally coming to my experience with BB cream...well I was so curious about the whole prospect of having a product that could be used as a foundation but wasn't as thick as a foundation AND had SPF..I kept thinking..I need to try this! So since I was confused (natural occurrence) I bought mini sized bb creams from Skin79 so I could try out a few..


I couldn't wait to get them out of the box and swatch them!! These are the 4 that came in the box..


Super BB cream, Diamon Collection BB, Triple Function BB and finally the Pearl BB
Here is the swatch of all 4 BB creams..

No flash..natural sunlight
Top R to L Pearl BB, Super BB
Bottom R to L Triple function BB, Diamond
 Now since this product was popularized in Asia i.e. it was targeted towards people with fairer complexions compared to my NW25 skin I naturally found it hard to use this product. I had difficulties in making my face look like it wasn't surrounded by abnormal hue even though it made me look like an angel! lol .

Out of all 4 my favourites are the triple function and the diamond creams since they oxidise a little darker than the rest of them..but they still had too much of a pink undertone. THEN *dan dan daaaan* I found the perfect trick to make it fit me perfectly. I mixed the BB cream with a little bit of my Inglot MW5 concealer *check pervious post for swatch* (yes I did use a concealer but this one isn't really as heavy duty so it was cool).

This mixture was THE PERFECT colour for my skin..I was rather surprised at how well it actually fit my colour. It was also light enough for it to look like I had no make-up on my face and bonus it had SPF ...ah this was just too good! I was so happy with the result..thank god for me experimental phases..Its a brilliant substitute to foundation especially in summer when make-up tends to feels all ew..

So for those of you who are dying to try out BB creams and have beautiful dark skin...fear not..try and use a yellow based foundation or liquidy concealer with your BB cream and see how it works magic! Don't be afraid to try it out because if you don't you'll be missing out on a great product!!

Good luck!
Don't forget to leave comments and subscribe for more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment