I wanted to start something new on my Blog called Guru Of The Month which will hopefully be a feature of my blog for a while..or at least until I run out of people who inspire me...which is not likely to happen any time soon! The guru I chose this month is called Jung Saem Mool who is a Korean make-up artist to the stars! She has done make-up for BoA, Lee Hyori, KARA and many more..
She has a Youtube Channel with tutorials of most of her make-up looks. She also has some tip videos as well as a few hair tutorials. I will post a link to her YT channel at the end of this Post so check it out..
I actually came across her video by accident and thought hey let me watch this..and before I knew it I was hooked! Now I understand that when you do watch the video most of the instructions and product names are in Korean but I don't think that matters. These videos are amazing! They show you how to get the look step by step. The best thing about her videos and I've read a lot of people mention that is her way of putting on blusher..it is very unique to the other gurus I have seen. I <3 it! It's also really nice because the music she uses in the background is so relaxing..the minute it comes on I seem to smile and go here we go I'm going to learn something new..
Make-up in Asia is quite different to make-up you see for example in the West. It is all for looking completely natural with only a hint of colour here and there. I remember watching the video and thinking...But I can't even see the colour she put on what is the point?! But you realise quickly how they use their products not to change the appearance of someone but to give them a very subtle and natural look.. She also uses a variety of make-up from High End brands like Etude House (Korean Brand) and MAC to Drug Store brands like Maybelline. These videos are excellently made, the lighting, the demonstration is awesome and even though you don't understand Korean.. product pictures are shown so you are never wondering what she used. They are also very on trend.
I would highly recommend Jung Saem Mool's channel to anybody who loves watching make-up tutorials on YT because she is one of the best. It would be a dream come true to be able to go to her Academy and be a make-up artist. Check her out at:



No comments:
Post a Comment